Monday, November 29, 2010

Seattle CX Season Finale

It was just above freezing and lightly raining when we arrived at the Evergreen Fairgrounds to contest the Seattle Cyclocross season finale. I got checked in and then pre-rode the course. The finish line, steep hill side area, and pit zone were changed from last year. The ditch crossing that gave everyone a problem last year was easy but the steep descent plus single barrier on the hill side caused many a crash this Sunday.

Here is Eva washing out the front end and going down.




And here is Chris taking a tumble.



When the whistle blew for our start, I was in the wrong gear and lost some time. After I got things going I looked up and saw Steve B. out in front and killing it. Greg H. and the crew were in hot pursuit. I put my diesel engine into gear and started to pull the field back to me.



As the race continued I passed Steve B. and then George.



 I came up behind Richard D. but then blundered my way through the steep hill side and lost contact.


Check out that top hat that Cosmic is wearing! Awesome!




Here are Steve B. and Amos G. going through the barrier. 




Note Don's flat tire. He made a great effort to run to the pits for his "B" bike.




Every time I went through this puddle I filled my right shoe full of cold water. 

I pulled some time back when racing on the gravel road and before the finish area but the race ended before I could make any more gains.

Finishers for Sunday's race (Cat 4 men 55+):

1st - Greg H.
2nd - Richard D.
3rd - BikeSea

Finishers for the overall Seattle CX series (Cat 4 men 55+):

1st - George S.
2nd - BikeSea
3rd - Steve B.



I'm the proud recipient of a silver cow bell for the Seattle Cyclocross Championship Series. Last year I was just off the podium in 4th place.



A huge thank you goes to the entire crew of Seattle Cyclocross for putting on the 2010 Championship Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment